Home Security Systems Gillette WY
1. Contact the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association or your state burglar and fire alarm association for a list of member companies in your area.
2. Call several companies and ask if their employees are trained and/or certified by the NBFAA.
3. Ask the companies if they have the appropriate state and/or local licenses, if required.
4. Ask the companies if they conduct any pre-employment screening.
5. Contact your local police department's crime-prevention department, state licensing agencies, consumer protection agencies, and the Better Business Bureau to check on the companies.
6. Ask your insurance agent, friends, family or neighbors for referrals.
7. After you've narrowed the field to three or four alarm companies, ask for the name of the person who will call on you. Consider planning the appointment time when all members of your household are present.
8. When he/she visits, ask to see some company identification.
9. Ask each alarm company representative for an inspection, recommendation and a quote in writing. Use a checklist to compare different packages and price quotes.
10. To learn more about security systems, call the NBFAA at 301-585-1855 for a free consumer brochure, or visit their website at www.alarm.org. Source: NBFAA