Bathroom Remodeling Cave Creek AZ
New River, AZ
Planning a bathroom remodeling project this summer? It’s one of the best investments you can make in your home, according to real estate experts. Should you ever consider selling your home, the condition and amenities of the bathrooms “can really make or break a sale,” says Silas Deane, president of Baden Bath, located in Nashville, Tenn. He offers the following tips for homeowners embarking on a bathroom remodeling project.
• Design for functionality. Most bathrooms are used by more than one person, so keep that in mind when designing your new bathroom. If possible, separate toilets from the rest of the bathroom, and consider installing double sinks.
• Let there be light. Even if your bathroom is small, you can make it appear larger by lightening it up with either natural light or lighting fixtures.
• Feel free to vent. Proper ventilation prevents mold and mildew, two common problems in bathrooms. Many energy-efficient venting systems are available that can help control moisture and improve indoor air quality as well.
• Go tankless. Customized shower systems and tubs often require a greater volume of water. But rather than rely on an inefficient tank-style water heater, consider a tankless, on-demand water heater, which heats water as it flows through the heater and helps control energy costs.
• Expect the unexpected. With bathroom plumbing, unexpected problems can arise, resulting in unexpected costs. Set aside roughly 10 percent of the cost of labor for a cushion. For more information: www.badenbath.com or 615-620-7700.